Monday, November 10, 2014

Tokyo Part 6: Rikugien Garden


On Monday morning I went to Rikugien, a very nice garden in Tokyo. I visited it once before, back in the summer of 2010, and was glad to finally go again.


When I had woken up that morning it had been sunny, but it quickly turned cloudy. As I left the hotel I even wondered if I should take my umbrella. But luckily, while I was at the garden the sun came out again and the rest of the day was beautiful.



 


Some trees were changing colors. So pretty!



The view from the top of the hill, Fujishiro-toge, is my favorite spot in the garden. Though I also really enjoyed a back area that went along a stream. The trees reflected on the water were really pretty.







Last time I saw a bunch of turtles around this bridge, but I didn't see any this time. There were some koi though. I saw several kids feeding them and the ducks.



I got back to the entrance and wasn't ready to leave so I walked through the garden one more time taking some different paths. 


I really enjoyed the garden especially since it had been a long time since I had been somewhere like that. 

As I headed back to Komagome Station, I stopped at a bakery called Niki for lunch. I had seen it on my way to Rikugien and started to crave bakery stuff while walking around the garden.



I was soooooo excited to see Totoro! All of these were tasty even though the thing at the top had some hidden mayonnaise.


I was kind of sad to eat Totoro. :( Haha!

Rikugien had been beautiful and I got a Totoro dessert! It was such a fun morning in Tokyo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment