Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Summer 9: Heading For Kyoto

 On the 22nd we headed for Kyoto. We took the ferry from Toi to Shimizu. From there we took a short shuttle bus to the station and then a local train and a shinkansen. It took about 3 hours in total. Kyoto is quite a bit further from me than Tokyo, but it doesn't take that much more time to get there. It takes me about 2 and a half hours to get to Tokyo.

The ferry was a lot of fun. I've lived here five months now and had not been on the ferry yet. I definitely want to go on it again!



It was really hazy out, but it was still pretty. We couldn't see Mt. Fuji at all. I've heard that the views of Mt Fuji from the ferry are really great in the winter.



This was a vending machine on the ferry. I didn't try anything from it, but maybe I should someday. I doubt it's very good, but I still want to try.


I did buy ice cream though!


Here we are arriving in Shimizu.



At Shizuoka Station I bought a Yuzu Green Tea Frappuccino.


We both bought food on the shinkansen. I had the cheez-it-ish crackers. They're really good! :)


Here's a view from the window.


When we arrived in Kyoto Station we looked at a couple of the gift stores.


Kyoto Station looks much nicer than most of the train stations I've seen in Japan.


While searching for a place to eat dinner, we came across many restaurants selling parfaits. That big one costs almost 30 dollars!


We ended up eating pizza at an "Italian" restaurant and then searched for a place to do karaoke.

Haha, we sang Phantom of the Opera.


0 comments:

Post a Comment