Saturday, July 24, 2010

Friday Night in Toi

This past Friday there was a campfire at the beach. I'm not sure if it was a special festival or anything, the kids just referred to it as a campfire. I headed towards the beach around sunset so I took some pictures along the way. The picture above is the main street.

I really love the lanterns along the beach and park.


When I arrived at the beach, my students, and other people, were in a circle around the campfire dancing. Well... sorta.

Here's a video:



Haha, as you can see they weren't very good. But it was entertaining and one of the junior high students gave me a glow-in-the-dark bracelet. Then one of the elementary students showed me she had one and we had a conversation talking about colors. Haha. She would hold up her wrist and yell, "green!" I would say, "blue!" This student loves having "conversations" like this. At recess one day we spent five minutes just saying "I like rabbits!" "I like blue!" "I like dogs!" "I like fish!" "I like pink!"

Here are a few more pictures: A FEW MORE PICTURES

0 comments:

Post a Comment