Sunday, September 5, 2010

Summer 12: Kimono and Fushimi Inari

This was our last day in Kyoto... :( But it was a fun day! :)

We started out the day in Gion. We went to a kimono rental place called Yume Kimono. 

We picked out the kimonos and accessories that we wanted. It was so much fun to watch them dress us. It's a very complicated process. There are many layers and belts and things to tie. 

We also had our hair done. :)


Despite the heat, we went outside to walk around and take pictures. Luckily, Yasaka Shrine is right next door so we didn't have to go far to find good backdrops for our pictures.

The kimonos were pretty hot, but not as hot as I expected. Maybe that's just because I'd be sweating no matter what I was wearing.





Everything is more dramatic when wearing a kimono. By the way, I LOVE peach Fanta. It's amazing. I'm not a big soda drinker, but this stuff is a bit addicting.



Next we visited Fushimi Inari Shrine. Unfortunately we didn't get to walk the whole trail (there are waaaaay more torii gates than seen here!) because we had to catch a train to get back to Toi.


I definitely want to go back to Fushimi Inari next time I'm in Kyoto. I plan on going back to Kyoto in the fall to see the fall colors!

Please check out more pictures from my time in Kyoto, Nara, and Osaka!
Click here for the pictures!

1 comment: