Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hey Judo


Last week I was invited to go to a Beatles cover band performance here in Toi with the local high school's ALT and his wife. I thought it would be fun to get out, but I wasn't expecting a whole lot from the band. A small town Beatles cover band just sounds like it might not be so great...

However, it was a lot of fun! The band was actually good and the atmosphere was very lively. It was held at a local restaurant called Beetle, which is decorated with Beatles stuff inside. It's very random for a small town.

The two guys on the left in the above picture were sitting across from me. The guy in the back was the singer in the band, and the girl was sitting not too far away.

Towards the end they played Hey Jude. Before singing the song the band jokingly referred to it as "Hey Judo" because Japanese people have a tendency to put extra vowels at the ends of words when speaking English. However, the singer sang "Jude" and not "Judo." At least I think he did, haha... a lot of people were singing along with this song... here is a short video I took during that song:
Hey Jude Video

0 comments:

Post a Comment