Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Grilling by the River


A few weeks ago Jonathan bought a small grill at Seiyu. The past few weekends we have grilled at the park by Tenyru River near Jonathan's apartment.


Here's the food we had two weeks ago:


We had wasabi cream cheese potoato chips, Don Tacos chips (sort of like Doritos), potato salad, and big German wieners on sand buns. The word "sandwich" is often just shorted to "sand" here which sounds unappetizing. And of course we toasted some marshmallows for dessert!




Last Saturday we went to Aeon mall and the Aeon store had and "American Fair" display. I was excited to find Honey Nut Cheerios. They also had a few other things, including cheeseburger Pringles and cheeseburger ramen. They also had hot dog ramen.


The flag just happened to be in my car because I used it in my intro lessons at school.


American noodle... haha. I haven't eaten this yet. I'm a little scared, lol.


The cheeseburger Pringles didn't taste like cheeseburgers to us, but they weren't bad. I liked them pretty well when eating them with my hot dog, but on their own they were really salty. I thought it was really funny that it said "Taste of the USA." But I looked them up and apparently they were sold in the US before. I think they must have been the same because an American review I saw said that they were really salty too.


While I was waiting for Jonathan to get the fire started, I took a few pics of my car. 


I think I took pictures of these stuffed animals before, but I was bored and took some more. Plus they're so cute! :)






We also grilled some zucchini and onions that I marinated in Italian salad dressing. They turned out really well. We had more than just those in the picture. We had already eaten some and the rest was in the foil.

The grill is simple and small, but it's great for what we need it for. It was only 1,500 yen so it was a good purchase. I think we'll get a lot of use out of it this summer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment